Want a new website, or a redesign of your existing site, but have no idea where to begin? Here's a simple series of questions to get you started:
- Why do you want a new website?
- What will happen if you don't get a new website?
- What sets your business apart from competitors?
- What problems do your customers have that your business solves?
- Who are your customers? Think about their interests, age, income, industry etc.
- What's your budget?
- What other websites do you like, and why?
- What content do you want on your website? What do you not want on it?
- Will you be selling online? If so, what is the product? How will you take payments?
- How are you going to get people to visit your website?
It's ok if you don't know the answers to all of these questions; this is just an exercise to get you thinking.